Nutty, vanilla, matcha and cacao protein balls! These pretty little things are the perfect mid afternoon treat, post workout or ‘on the go’ snack. They are super easy to make (although you will need a food processor), and should provide you with enough snacks to get you through a few weeks (bulk meal preppers rejoice!).
Rolling them in the matcha, cacao or coconut is an optional extra, as they are still quite delicious without the added coating. Feel free to choose your own coating, all three, or just one or two of the coatings I have used in this recipe. If you are using matcha powder, be sure to only use a little as too much matcha can be bitter tasting.
Store the final protein balls in an airtight container in the fridge. If you are taking them out with you, don’t worry about them melting or falling apart, they will just go a little soft.
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 cups raw unsalted cashews, soaked & drained
- ¾ cup coconut flakes
- 3 tbs vanilla pea protein powder (optional) (I use ‘Amazonia’ pea protein powders)
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- ½ cup raw cacao
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
For Rolling (optional)
- Toasted desiccated coconut
- Extra cacao powder
- Matcha powder (green tea powder)
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor and blend for about 3-4 minutes.
- The mixture will look crumbly. Take a bit out and press it in your hands. If it stays together it is ready. If it is falling apart blend for a couple more minutes.
- Once the mix is ready, press the mixture into tablespoon sized balls.
- Next roll the balls into the cacao, coconut or matcha powder (optional).
- Store them in the fridge.