With just a handful of ingredients, this side is packed full of flavour—one of my favourite ways to enjoy Brussels sprouts. It's bright and zingy, full of texture, and again, so easy to prepare.
The beauty of this dish is that it's all put together in one bowl; the dressing gets whisked in the serving bowl, and then the salad ingredients are placed on top, ready to toss before serving—perfect!
If you need to prepare this a few hours ahead for a BBQ or dinner, you can make everything in advance. Simply place the Brussels sprouts, walnuts, and cheese on top of the dressing and toss them together just before serving.
Even if you don't love Brussels sprouts, I urge you, give this one a go! It might just surprise you. A delicious side for BBQs, the festive season, roasts, etc.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, freshly grated or crushed
- Flaky sea salt, to taste
- Small handful freshly grated Manchego cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 Brussel sprouts, finely shaved
- 1/2 cup roasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh finely grated Manchego cheese
- In a large serving bowl, combine all of the salad dressing ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Add the shaved Brussels sprouts, walnuts, and finely grated Manchego cheese. Toss the ingredients together just before serving. Enjoy!
- If Manchego cheese is unavailable, you can substitute with Grana Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano.
- If you need to prepare this a few hours ahead for a BBQ or dinner, you can make everything in advance. Simply place the Brussels sprouts, walnuts, and cheese on top of the dressing, and toss them together just before serving.