This week's recipe is a delicious roast pumpkin side infused with smoky paprika and roasted garlic.
The beauty of this recipe lies in its simplicity - it's easy to make and can be paired with almost anything. I especially love to serve it with roast chicken and a variety of sides, but feel free to get creative with your choices.
What's great about this dish is that it's versatile enough to be served warm straight from the oven, or at room temperature if you need to prepare it ahead of time. It's elegant and sophisticated, yet the combination of flavours is also approachable and suitable for everyday cooking.
Hope you love this one, and as always please let me know if you make the recipe @gatherandfeast, and feel free to ask any questions. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 a small Japanese pumpkin/kabocha squash (you could also use butternut pumpkin)
- 1 tablespoon smokey paprika
- 1 small fresh garlic clove
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup thick unsweetened Greek yoghurt
- Flakey sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Cut the pumpkin into slices roughly 2-3cm thick, keeping the skin on.
- Next, place the pumpkin onto a large paper-lined tray.
- Drizzle the pumpkin with olive oil and sprinkle with the smokey paprika and a generous pinch of salt, then toss to coat.
- Arrange the pumpkin in a single layer on the tray and place into the oven for roughly 1 hour, or until golden and crisp on the edges.
- While the pumpkin is cooking, crush or finely grate the fresh clove of garlic into the yoghurt.
- Now add a pinch of salt to taste, mix well then set aside.
- Once the pumpkin is cooked remove it from the oven and arrange it onto a serving dish.
- Drizzle the pumpkin with the garlic yoghurt, a tiny sprinkle of smokey paprika, and a generous sprinkle of freshly cracked black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click on the links below to print or save this recipe to your device.