Guys, this week's new recipe is a honey and rosemary granola with spiced baked apples and pears. This recipe is delicious for breakfast and is also perfect as a ‘healthier’ dessert.
In the step-by-step video, I show you how I prepare this for quick ‘on-the-go’ breakfasts and also how I plate it up for guests or a special occasion.
Blending the mixture in a food processor gives the granola those delicious crunchy chewy chunks. Yum! If you don’t have a food processor you could finely chop all the dry ingredients and then mix them in a bowl with the wet ingredients and spices to combine.
Feel free to mix and match the two recipes as you need. Peaches, nectarines, or apricots would be a delicious alternative to the baked apples and pears - depending on the season you’re in.
Let me know if you have any questions and I hope you enjoy the recipe!
Rosemary Honey Granola
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup natural almonds
- 1 cup natural walnuts
- ½ cup natural brazil nuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 tbs raw honey
- 2 tbs fresh rosemary leaves
- Pinch sea salt
Spiced Baked Apple & Pears
- 2 large apples
- 3 large pears
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 2 tbs raw honey
- 3 whole star anise
- 5 whole cloves
- Thick unsweetened natural yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- 1 fresh apple or pear, finely sliced
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Black chia seeds
- Honey to drizzle
Spiced Baked Apples & Pears
- Preheat oven to 200C / 390F.
- Roughly chop the apples and pears into 1 inch sized pieces.
- Place into a paper lined baking dish.
- Add the cinnamon, vanilla, honey, star anise, and cloves then stir to combine.
- Bake for 1 hour, giving them a stir halfway through the cooking time.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
Rosemary Honey Granola
- In a food processor combine the rolled oats, almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts, cinnamon, olive oil, raw honey, fresh rosemary leaves, and a pinch of sea salt and pulse until coarsely ground.
- Spread out onto a paper lined baking tray and bake at 180C / 350F for 15 minutes, stirring the granola every 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- On a serving plate, dollop and smear a few large spoonfuls of yoghurt.
- Top with spoonfuls of the baked apples and pears, sprinkle the granola, add some fresh sliced apple or pear, sprinkle some chia seeds, add a few rosemary sprigs, and drizzle with honey. Serve and enjoy!
- To make the breakfast pots simply layer a few spoonfuls of yoghurt, the apple and pear mixture, the granola, some freshly sliced apple or pear, a sprinkle of chia seeds, and a drizzle of honey into jars then pop them into the fridge. The breakfast pots will keep for a few days.
*This honey rosemary granola would also taste delicious with fresh stone fruit instead of the baked apples and pears.