This week's new recipe is a vibrant and flavour-packed basil, oregano and pistachio pesto spaghetti with fresh tomatoes, feta and lemon.
It's super delicious and comes together in around 10-15 minutes. It's full of herbs, olive oil, tomatoes, and creamy feta, and has a delicious crunch from the added pistachios.
If you're after a vegan version you can use a vegan feta or simply leave the Greek feta out.
Hope you enjoy this one. Let me know if you make it @gatheandfeast and feel free to ask any questions.
- 400g (roughly 2 punnets) cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 200g Greek feta, roughly chopped or crumbled into 2cm pieces
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Half a large bunch of oregano (about 3/4 cup leaves)
- Half a large bunch of basil (about 1 cup leaves)
- A generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of chili flakes to your taste
- Generous amount freshly cracked black pepper
- 500g spaghetti
Basil, Oregano & Pistachio Pesto
- Remaining half bunch of basil (roughly 1 cup each of leaves and soft stems)
- Remaining half bunch of oregano (roughly 1 cup each of leaves and soft stems)
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium to large-sized clove garlic
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon flakey sea salt
- Into a large serving bowl add the halved cherry tomatoes, the greek feta, the zest of 2 lemons, a pinch of chili flakes, a generous amount of freshly cracked black pepper, a generous drizzle of olive oil, and the roughly chopped half bunches of oregano and basil leaves.
- Next, into a food processor, add the remaining half bunches of oregano and basil. If the oregano stems are soft and young add them in too. If they’re hard and woody add only the leaves and discard the hard stems.
- Now add the pistachios, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and flakey sea salt.
- Blend until a rough paste forms.
- Cook the spaghetti as per packet instructions. Once cooked, reserve some of the pasta water.
- Drain and add the hot spaghetti directly into the large serving bowl.
- Next add the pesto, a spoonful of the pasta cooking water, then toss to combine.
- Serve topped with extra chopped pistachios, fresh herbs, and a drizzle of olive oil.
NOTE: For a vegan version, use a vegan feta or simply leave the Greek feta out.