Introducing this week's new recipe, roast pumpkin with miso butter and toasted sesame seeds, a side dish that is both super easy and delicious to make with such minimal ingredients.
The miso brings the perfect salty umami flavour that pairs brilliantly with the sweet pumpkin and the nutty sesame seeds. You have to try this one, it’s truly so good!
This dish is perfect for any meal, from a quick weekday dinner to a dinner party or gathering.
I love to use Japanese Pumpkin/Kabocha squash because of its creamy texture and sweetness but feel free to use whatever type of pumpkin variety you have on hand, such as Butternut.
Hope you love the recipe, and as always please let me know if you make it @gatherandfeast, and feel free to ask any questions.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 of a Japanese pumpkin/kombucha squash
- 50g salted butter
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1-2 teaspoons white or black toasted sesame seeds, or a mix of both
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Remove the skin and seeds from the pumpkin and chop into large chunks roughly 3 inches in size.
- Place onto a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil, and coat the pumpkin thoroughly.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F for 50-60 minutes depending on your oven. The pumpkin should be soft and slightly browned.
- Now let's make the miso butter.
- Just before the pumpkin has finished baking add the butter and miso to a small saucepan.
- Place it over low to medium heat and stir until the butter has melted.
- Once melted whisk together to combine the miso into the melted butter.
- Once the pumpkin has cooked remove it from the oven and place it immediately onto a serving plate.
- Spoon the hot miso butter over the pumpkin, then sprinkle with sesame seeds, some freshly cracked black pepper, and serve.
Click on the links below to print or save this recipe to your device.