Super simple and super delicious! This roasted tomato and smokey chili spaghetti recipe couldn’t be any easier to prepare and yet is still jam-packed with amazing flavour.
The simplicity of this dish is in its ‘one tray wonder’ qualities. All the sauce ingredients go onto a paper-lined baking tray and then into the oven for about 45 minutes. Once removed, the tomatoes and garlic get squashed together with a fork and then tossed through the spaghetti. SO easy! Roasting the cherry tomatoes gives them a beautifully sweet flavour. Pair them up with the chili and smokey paprika and you get the perfect combination.
I like to serve my dish with a little glug of extra virgin olive oil and some fresh basil leaves. You could also serve it with fresh parmesan or some goats cheese.
For my gluten-intolerant or carb-conscious friends, simply swap the spaghetti for a gluten-free spaghetti (I use ‘Barilla’ brand, it’s great), or even a bean pasta like a mung bean noodle, or you could also use a zucchini noodle created using a spiralizer. So many options!
Props I used in this post:
Serving Plates: Bridget Bodenham
- 500g spaghetti
- 4 punnets cherry tomatoes (half cut in half, half left whole)
- 4 cloves garlic, thickly sliced
- ½ tsp dried chili flakes (add more if you like it spicy)
- 1½ tbs smokey paprika
- Sea salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Shaved parmesan (optional)
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, chili flakes, smokey paprika, a large pinch of sea salt and a generous glug of olive oil onto a paper-lined baking tray. Place in the oven (fan-forced) and roast for 45 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius / 390 Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, cook your spaghetti as per packet instructions.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven and squash them with a fork, ensuring the garlic pieces get squashed into the tomatoes.
- Toss the pasta through the tomato sauce and serve immediately with freshly shaved parmesan, cracked black pepper, fresh basil leaves and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Super simple, super delicious!