Super simple and super delicious! This roasted tomato and smokey chili spaghetti recipe couldn’t be any easier to prepare and yet is still jam-packed with amazing flavour.
All the sauce ingredients go into a baking dish and then into the oven for about 30-40 minutes. Once removed, the tomatoes and garlic get squashed together with a fork and then tossed through the spaghetti. SO easy! Roasting the cherry tomatoes gives them a beautifully sweet flavour. Pair them up with the chili and smokey paprika and you get the perfect combination.
I like to serve my dish with a little glug of extra virgin olive oil and some fresh basil leaves. You could also serve it with fresh parmesan or some goat's cheese. Enjoy!
- 500g spaghetti
- 4 punnets cherry tomatoes
- 4 large cloves garlic, thickly sliced
- ½ tsp dried chili flakes (add more if you like it spicy)
- 1½ tbs smokey paprika
- Sea salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- Freshly grated parmesan (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/390°F (fan forced).
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, chili flakes, smokey paprika, a large pinch of sea salt, and a generous glug of olive oil onto a paper-lined baking tray.
- Place in the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes at 200°C/390°F.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven and squash them with a fork ensuring the garlic pieces get squashed into the tomatoes.
- Add the fresh basil then set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti as per packet instructions.
- Toss the spaghetti through the tomato sauce and serve immediately with freshly grated parmesan, cracked black pepper, fresh basil leaves, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.