This week's new recipe is a current favourite of mine, “green egg” scramble on sourdough.
It makes the perfect weekend breakfast/lunch, OR dinner if you ask me.
Feel free to increase the quantities if you're serving for more than two.
Hope you enjoy!
- Olive oil
- Pinch of chili flakes
- Pinch of garlic powder -OR- 1 small fresh garlic clove crushed
- A few large handfuls of baby spinach (this will wilt into nothing so you want generous handfuls)
- 4 eggs
- 50-75g marinated goat cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- Place a saucepan on medium to high heat.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil, a few large handfuls of baby spinach, a sprinkling of garlic powder (or garlic clove), a pinch of chili flakes, a pinch of sea salt, and sauté until the spinach has wilted.
- Crack the eggs directly into the pan and gently swirl.
- Continue moving the egg and spinach mixture around in the pan until the eggs are cooked through.
- Turn off the heat and add some marinated goat cheese.
- Gently and barely mix the cheese into the egg mixture.
- Add salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Now place a generous scoop of the mixture onto toasted sourdough.
- Top with chili flakes, a drizzle of olive oil, fresh lemon zest, and serve.