Around this time of the year I love to create my own little chocolate treats to give away to family and friends over the Easter break. Last year I made a batch of these Salted Almond Dark Chocolates and they were a hit!
This chocolate treat contains three of my favourite things: dark chocolate, almonds and fleur de sel. The recipe is super easy and quick to make (yes even tempering the chocolate, who would have thought?!). I found a really helpful method for tempering chocolate without a sugar thermometer over on 'The Kitchn' website. I have used this method a few times now and it has worked perfectly every time! Thank you Kitchn.com!
I also just posted a Salted Honey & Almond Toffee with Dark Chocolate recipe that’s worth checking out!
PS: Look out for my Spelt Hot Cross Bun recipe hitting the site early next week!
- 300g dark chocolate
(I like to use a mix of ‘Callebaut’ dark chocolate and a little ‘Lindt’ 90% dark chocolate)
- ¾ cup flaked almonds
- 1 tsp fleur de sel
- Melt the chocolate using a tempering method (download PDF for instructions or click here).
- Spread the tempered chocolate onto a paper lined tray.
- Sprinkle the chocolate with the flaked almonds and fleur de sel.
- Set in the fridge for a few hours.
- Once set, remove from the fridge and snap into pieces.