Here's another delicious new salad recipe full of texture, colour and flavour. A tomato, butter bean & basil salad. Perfect for lunch or as a side with your favourite protein.
If I'm making this for lunch as is I usually add another can of beans just to make it a little more filling.
Enjoy the recipe and as always please let me know if you have any questions.
- 1-2 x 400g can drained & rinsed butter beans -OR- cannellini beans
- 2-3 x 250g punnet fresh cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 1 large avocado, chopped into 1-inch sized chunks
- 1/3 medium-sized red onion, finely sliced
- 1 large bunch fresh basil leaves
- Zest & juice of 1 large lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- In a large serving bowl add the cherry tomatoes, drained and rinsed beans, basil leaves, red onion, and avocado.
- Add a large pinch of sea salt, and lots of freshly cracked pepper.
- Add the zest and juice of 1 lemon, and a generous drizzle of olive oil (roughly 3-4 tbs).
- Now gently stir to combine.
- Taste and add extra salt, black pepper, lemon zest, and olive oil if required. You want every part of the salad to be super flavourful. Enjoy!